Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Mooreeffoc by Tetiana Aleksina and Tony Single


Mooreeffoc by Tetiana Aleksina and Tony Single
Self published on March 12th 2016.

Where to buy this book:
Buy the ebook from Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk

How I got this book:
Purchased the ebook from Amazon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'Mooreeffoc. The act of seeing the ordinary in a new and unexpected light. Imagine, if you will, two ordinary mortals meeting in an ordinary café late one ordinary evening. What isn't ordinary is that two gods are pulling their strings behind the scenes. Only those gods know why. But who governs the gods? Who dares make puppets of the puppet masters? The truth may surprise you.'

I discovered this quirky fantasy tale through Goodreads. Mooreeffoc is the first collaboration between Ukrainian author Tetiana Aleksina and Australia's Tony Single who, together, are the minds behind the popular prose and poetry blog Unbolt. Mooreeffoc shows us a simple coffee shop meeting, but from three perspectives, none of which are as they first appear. The cumulative effect is a great little story that easily surpassed my expectations given its brief eleven page duration. A knowledge of ancient Egyptian deities might have added greater levels of meaning to the characters, but my basic learning didn't detract from my understanding or enjoyment.

If you're wondering, apparently Dickens was the first to use Mooreeffoc in print. It's in his autobiography when he describes looking out through a glass panel in a coffee room door thereby seeing the word written in reverse. Since then Mooreeffoc has been used to describe situations seen from unusual angles.


Search Lit Flits for more:
Books by Tetiana Aleksina and Tony Single / Short stories / Books from Ukraine and Australia

3 comments:

  1. Oh... WOW! Thank you so much, Stephanie! I noticed your link by chance in my Twitter and I'm very happy that I did! I feel truly honored! Thank you again, you made my evening :) With love, Tati (Tetiana).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my review :-) I'm looking forward to discovering more of your writing!

      Delete
  2. Promo news! Mooreeffoc will be free on Amazon.com from the 8th to the 12th Sept! Not sure about any of the other Amazon sites, but probably across them all too. Seize your chance to read this great short story for free!

    ReplyDelete