Saturday, 3 September 2016

I Wore Heels To The Apocalypse by C H Clepitt


I Wore Heels to the Apocalypse by C.H. Clepitt
Published independently in May 2016

Where to buy this book:
Buy the ebook from Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk

How I got this book:
Received a review copy from the author

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I Wore Heels To The Apocalypse tells the story of web designer Kerry who, having dressed snappily for a business interview, then finds herself hopelessly attired for escaping exploding coffee shops and general running away as The Apocalypse takes place all around her. Exasperated at becoming the generic pathetic female, she befriends a talking badger (as you do) and eventually finds that she might have a useful skill or two after all.

I Wore Heels is a whimsical exploration of survival in desperate times. The characters are more caricatures than fully rounded portrayals, but their adventure takes interesting turns and is always entertaining. Personally I would have preferred more background and description and less chat as the dialogue isn't always convincing, but otherwise this is fun escapism - and there's possibly zombies!


Search Lit Flits for more:
Books by C H Clepitt / indie authors / Books from England

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the I Wore Heels sequel, Everything Is Better With A Cape! Reading soon, review in early September ...

    ReplyDelete