Thursday 25 July 2019

Every Love by Jann Doe


Every Love by Jann Doe
Self published on the 21st July 2019.

A 2019 New Release Challenge read


Add Every Love to your Goodreads

Love can be wholesome,
Healthy and pure.
It can also be deadly,
Of this I am sure.
I've experienced many,
I've opened my door.
Of all the love that I've held
There's one thing I know,
Ain't no one has loved
Quite like me... Jann Doe.

EVERY LOVE is a collection of poetry covering my own experiences in love. From abuse, to affair, to healthy commitment, I’ve shared many love lifes… even suicide has played a part. The name ‘Jann Doe’ is to protect myself and my family from my own mistakes and history, given the parts of me that love has touched.



*See You*

What is this burn,
This terrible stab,
My heart stuck,
It steps back,
Too shocked to beat,
I shrink when I see you,
My first heavy blow,
Of life, and of men,
But how could I know,
Should’ve listened,
Could’ve ran,
But for you I stood ground,
And for what,
To see you and her, hand in hand?


Every Love has something to say, I think, to every woman throughout her life. Jann evokes emotions from first love and first betrayal, running the gauntlet of unhealthy relationships, bitterness and even spite, until the woman - every woman - learns self respect is more important than simply trying to be liked. Coming to terms with ourselves and remaining true to ourselves are the only ways we can live in contentment, even though we may have to oppose traditional social experience in order to do so. Every Love is a lovely collection which I felt spoke directly to me, almost as words from a friend or a companion. I feel it is a work which could be dipped into at almost any time of life for reassurance and inspiration. We are not the first to feel anger, sadness, love. At the very least Jann Doe has been there too. She got though. So can I.

Meet the author

Jann Doe is a poet who recognizes and accepts her authenticity as a woman, and encourages other women to do the same. Everyone has their burdens to cary, their flaws to accept, and their strengths to pride themselves on. Jann’s goal as a poet is to speak out on behalf of other women across the globe to love themselves for who they truly are. No one is perfect, nor should we be. It’s imperative that we as women accept ourselves, and live for tomorrow… not by ignoring our past but by learning from it, and growing because of it.

Author links: 
Website ~ Twitter



Etsy Find!
by Lotty Lollipop in
Chesterfield, England

Click pic to visit Etsy Shop


Search Literary Flits for more:
Books by Jann Doe / Poetry / Books from America

No comments:

Post a Comment